Monday, September 14, 2009

Tinley Park Art Festival

The art show this past Sunday went very well- the best weather you could ask for and just a nice day all in all. Hubby stayed with me til noonish and needed to get home to cut the grass, but returned by 4:00 again. He is such help with the set-up and also talking to the visitors who come in for a look. He actually did the Frankfort show for me when I went to the Calligraphy Conference in Minnesota! I thought the fair ending at 5:00 would be too long for the customers to still be coming, but it was Ok.
The night before we had gone to the Gala at the Vogt Center and I highly recommend seeing the show there. On display is artwork by the lady who runs the gallery, Julie, and another man, Fred Holly. They both do still lifes, Julie also painting antique toys and Fred painting wizards. They are very realistic, with black backgrounds, some painted on wooden framed out structures like windows. Someone we met compared the style to Van Eck-sp? I'll have to go back and look him up.
We also talked to a man who does high end jewelry mostly out of silver. And we all discussed some of the art shows we had all been involved in. It was a very nice evening that Mick had never done with me before.

5 comments:

butterfly woman said...

Yes, it was a fun fair to be in. I too am grateful for the support of hubbies in our artistic endeavors. I told Frank from now on I'll do them alone from start to finish. He said "yeah, right" well at least I'm putting thought out there.
It was nice to have you nearby, Marge!
A good artist's day!

april said...

A busy weekend for you guys. I am still kicking myself that I didn't squeeze in the time to visit you all.

Doris said...

Glad the show went well! I think it may be Van Eyck.

Doris said...

I'm liking the new picture "letters" here!

Marjorie said...

Thanks Doris. Finally got hubby to experiment with my heading and just had to pick something quick. I still don't know how to make it in the rectangle though!! But at least got this much done.